78 Assistant Commandants join CRPF
Kadarpur (Gurgaon): Trained in best modern
jungle warfare techniques besides counter-insurgency and
anti-Naxal operations, 78 Assistant Commandants, including two
women officers, on Monday joined the ranks of CRPF.
The new recruits, who have completed 55-week gruelling
training, will now be deployed in the Maoist-infested states
as part of the joint anti-Naxal operations initiated by the
Centre along with states.
While 13 officers were given awards of excellence,
Saurabh Awasthi got the Sword of Honour for being the best
cadet at the CRPF Academy here.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, who was
the chief guest at the passing out parade, lauded the role of
the force in maintaining internal security.
The officers of the Gazetted Officer 40th Batch, who held
a march past, were administered oath by Deputy Inspector
General of Police J S Gill.
The CRPF is the main paramilitary force leading the
anti-Naxal operations involving over 59,000 central security
forces besides the state police forces.
The largest paramilitary force in the world, the CRPF
also takes part in UN peace-keeping assignments.
A 106-member women`s contingent of the CRPF had recently
left for civil war-stricken Liberia as part of the United
Nations Peace Keeping operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried