78 Assistant Commandants join CRPF
Kadarpur (Gurgaon): Trained in best modern
jungle warfare techniques besides counter-insurgency and
anti-Naxal operations, 78 Assistant Commandants, including two
women officers, on Monday joined the ranks of CRPF.
The new recruits, who have completed 55-week gruelling
training, will now be deployed in the Maoist-infested states
as part of the joint anti-Naxal operations initiated by the
Centre along with states.
While 13 officers were given awards of excellence,
Saurabh Awasthi got the Sword of Honour for being the best
cadet at the CRPF Academy here.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, who was
the chief guest at the passing out parade, lauded the role of
the force in maintaining internal security.
The officers of the Gazetted Officer 40th Batch, who held
a march past, were administered oath by Deputy Inspector
General of Police J S Gill.
The CRPF is the main paramilitary force leading the
anti-Naxal operations involving over 59,000 central security
forces besides the state police forces.
The largest paramilitary force in the world, the CRPF
also takes part in UN peace-keeping assignments.
A 106-member women`s contingent of the CRPF had recently
left for civil war-stricken Liberia as part of the United
Nations Peace Keeping operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill