`78,000 sq km of Indian territory under Pak occupation
New Delhi: Pakistan has been in illegal and forcible occupation of 78,000 sq km of Indian territory in Jammu and Kashmir, Lok Sabha was informed Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran also said that under the `Sino-Pakistan boundary agreement of 1963`, Pakistan has illegally ceded 5180 sq km of Indian territory in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir to China.
The Minister said there is no encroachment by foreign countries along the Indo-Bangladesh, Indo-China, Indo-Nepal, Indo-Bhutan and Indo-Myanmar borders.
"Government remains vigilant and is firm in its resolve to take necessary steps to effectively safeguard India`s security and territorial integrity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police