8 suspected Pak nationals held; some have terror links: SSB
Maharajganj: Eight suspected Pakistani nationals, with some of them involved in terror activities, were detained by security forces here when they allegedly tried to cross Indo-Nepal border, official sources said on Sunday.
"Some of them have been involved in terrorist activities. They had reached Kathmandu from Pakistan and from there crossed over into India at Sonauli," Commandant Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) BK Bankhoti told PTI.
The group, including two women and four children, which was detained yesterday, has been sent to the Jammu and Kashmir Police cell in Delhi by road, he said.
Bankhoti said the SSB, which guards the 1,751-km long Indo-Nepal border, would be accompanying the group till Delhi, from where central intelligence agencies will take over.
These persons were detained by the security personnel as they did not have valid documents, he said.
During interrogation, they told SSB personnel that they belonged to Jammu and Kashmir and were coming from Kathmandu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan