8 suspected Pak nationals held; some have terror links: SSB
Maharajganj: Eight suspected Pakistani nationals, with some of them involved in terror activities, were detained by security forces here when they allegedly tried to cross Indo-Nepal border, official sources said on Sunday.
"Some of them have been involved in terrorist activities. They had reached Kathmandu from Pakistan and from there crossed over into India at Sonauli," Commandant Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) BK Bankhoti told PTI.
The group, including two women and four children, which was detained yesterday, has been sent to the Jammu and Kashmir Police cell in Delhi by road, he said.
Bankhoti said the SSB, which guards the 1,751-km long Indo-Nepal border, would be accompanying the group till Delhi, from where central intelligence agencies will take over.
These persons were detained by the security personnel as they did not have valid documents, he said.
During interrogation, they told SSB personnel that they belonged to Jammu and Kashmir and were coming from Kathmandu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery