8,000 cyber attacks on CWG ticketing system: Menon
New Delhi: There were 8,000 cyber attacks on
the Commonwealth Games` ticketing and scoring systems during
the event last year but were repelled, National Security
Advisor Shivshankar Menon said here.
"There were 8,000 attacks on the ticketing, timing and
scoring systems and we managed to tackle them all," Menon said
at the Prem Bhatia Memorial Lecture here.
The NSA was replying to a query on the way India was
preparing for the cyber warfare as its websites and networks
were frequently under attacks from hackers.
On the issue of websites being hacked by the cyber
pirates, he said, "Websites are meant to be hit. you want the
world to see them and if they hit it and deface them, it shows
them in poor light and not us."
The NSA said the main issue before the Government was to
maintain the security of critical data and networks where
information is stored.
Menon said it was "very hard" to deal with the issue in
the old way of investigating and there was a long way to go
before being fully capable of dealing with the menace.
He said internationally also, the laws were not defined
to tackle the issue as "it is still not clear whether the
attacks on US networks is considered to be an international
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently
- Blast at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan; one dead, three wounded
- AAP focusing only on attacking PM Narendra Modi: Harsh Vardhan
- Sensex soars over 400 points; Nifty breaches 8,700-mark