864 police officials decorated on I-day; gallantry to 138
New Delhi: 864 police and paramilitary personnel have been awarded with service medals on the eve of 67th Independence day on Wednesday.
While the President`s Police Medals for gallantry have been awarded to six personnel, Police Medals for gallantry have been awarded to 132 personnel.
In another categories, the President`s Police Medals for distinguished service has been awarded to 87 personnel while Police Medals for Meritorious Service has been given to 639 personnel.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), country`s largest paramilitary force, has topped the gallantry medals chart with 34 medals to its men, majority of which are for anti-Naxal operations.
CRPF`s Deputy Commandant Prakash Ranjan Mishra, who sufferred bullet injuries four times in anti-Naxal operations, has won the gallantry medal for the fifth time-- the maximum for a paramilitary personnel.
Four personnel of Jammu and Kashmir police, including two posthumously, have been awarded the PPMG including top Maharashtra police cop and DCP Vishwas Nangre Patil who was amongst the first to enter Taj Mahal hotel to combat the terrorists during the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth