90 Pak infiltrators sneak into India through border
New Delhi: At least 90 Pakistani infiltrators entered India through the Indo-Pak border this year, raising serious concern in the security establishment.
Apart from the Pakistani infiltrators, seven Bangladeshi nationals also entered India illegally through the border despite heightened security, according to a Home Ministry estimate, prepared on the basis of ground report sent by intelligence agencies.
The abrupt jump in the number of Pakistani infiltrators -- from 63 in 2011 to 90 this year (till November 20) -- sent alarm bells ringing in the Home Ministry, which directed security agencies to intensify the vigil along the border.
Altogether 94 Pakistani infiltrators have entered into India in 2010 and 69 in 2009 through the Indo-Pak border.
In 2011, seven Indians, 13 Bangladeshi and two other nationals have entered into India illegally through the Indo-Pak border while four Indians, 19 Bangladeshi have also entered into India illegally through the border in 2010.
Two Indians, seven Bangladeshi and five other nationals also entered illegally into India through the Indo-Pak border.
Five Chinese and two Korean nationals had entered into India illegally through the Indo-Nepal border in 2011. Two Somalians and a Pakistani nationals have also entered into India illegally through the Indo-Nepal border in 2010 and 2009 respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why