90 Pak infiltrators sneak into India through border
New Delhi: At least 90 Pakistani infiltrators entered India through the Indo-Pak border this year, raising serious concern in the security establishment.
Apart from the Pakistani infiltrators, seven Bangladeshi nationals also entered India illegally through the border despite heightened security, according to a Home Ministry estimate, prepared on the basis of ground report sent by intelligence agencies.
The abrupt jump in the number of Pakistani infiltrators -- from 63 in 2011 to 90 this year (till November 20) -- sent alarm bells ringing in the Home Ministry, which directed security agencies to intensify the vigil along the border.
Altogether 94 Pakistani infiltrators have entered into India in 2010 and 69 in 2009 through the Indo-Pak border.
In 2011, seven Indians, 13 Bangladeshi and two other nationals have entered into India illegally through the Indo-Pak border while four Indians, 19 Bangladeshi have also entered into India illegally through the border in 2010.
Two Indians, seven Bangladeshi and five other nationals also entered illegally into India through the Indo-Pak border.
Five Chinese and two Korean nationals had entered into India illegally through the Indo-Nepal border in 2011. Two Somalians and a Pakistani nationals have also entered into India illegally through the Indo-Nepal border in 2010 and 2009 respectively.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad
- PM Modi meets Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS today
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal asks Modi govt 'What are you waiting for?'