A corrupt cabinet is running the country: Team Anna
New Delhi: Prominent Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday demanded that a Special Investigation Team to probe the corruption charges against 15 UPA-2 ministers should be set up.
Kejriwal was addressing a press conference in the national capital along with Gandhian Anna Hazare.
“It is matter of shame that out of the 34 cabinet ministers, 15 are corrupt”, Kejriwal told reporters.
“There are proofs of corruption against former finance minister and President elect Pranab Mukherjee. It is unfortunate that Mukherjee will take oath as the President without the corruption charges against him being proved”.
“A corrupt cabinet is running the country”, said another team Anna member Prashant Bhusan.
Kejriwal said the country would not get a Lokpal if the corrupt ministers don’t go to jail.
Kejriwal also flayed the political parties those who supported Pranab in the Presidential poll.
Kejriwal demanded that a Special Investigation Team, comprising of retired judges of Supreme Court and High Court to probe the corruption cases in UPA-2 ministers, should be set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?