A corrupt cabinet is running the country: Team Anna
New Delhi: Prominent Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday demanded that a Special Investigation Team to probe the corruption charges against 15 UPA-2 ministers should be set up.
Kejriwal was addressing a press conference in the national capital along with Gandhian Anna Hazare.
“It is matter of shame that out of the 34 cabinet ministers, 15 are corrupt”, Kejriwal told reporters.
“There are proofs of corruption against former finance minister and President elect Pranab Mukherjee. It is unfortunate that Mukherjee will take oath as the President without the corruption charges against him being proved”.
“A corrupt cabinet is running the country”, said another team Anna member Prashant Bhusan.
Kejriwal said the country would not get a Lokpal if the corrupt ministers don’t go to jail.
Kejriwal also flayed the political parties those who supported Pranab in the Presidential poll.
Kejriwal demanded that a Special Investigation Team, comprising of retired judges of Supreme Court and High Court to probe the corruption cases in UPA-2 ministers, should be set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday