A corrupt cabinet is running the country: Team Anna
New Delhi: Prominent Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday demanded that a Special Investigation Team to probe the corruption charges against 15 UPA-2 ministers should be set up.
Kejriwal was addressing a press conference in the national capital along with Gandhian Anna Hazare.
“It is matter of shame that out of the 34 cabinet ministers, 15 are corrupt”, Kejriwal told reporters.
“There are proofs of corruption against former finance minister and President elect Pranab Mukherjee. It is unfortunate that Mukherjee will take oath as the President without the corruption charges against him being proved”.
“A corrupt cabinet is running the country”, said another team Anna member Prashant Bhusan.
Kejriwal said the country would not get a Lokpal if the corrupt ministers don’t go to jail.
Kejriwal also flayed the political parties those who supported Pranab in the Presidential poll.
Kejriwal demanded that a Special Investigation Team, comprising of retired judges of Supreme Court and High Court to probe the corruption cases in UPA-2 ministers, should be set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing