A corrupt cabinet is running the country: Team Anna
New Delhi: Prominent Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday demanded that a Special Investigation Team to probe the corruption charges against 15 UPA-2 ministers should be set up.
Kejriwal was addressing a press conference in the national capital along with Gandhian Anna Hazare.
“It is matter of shame that out of the 34 cabinet ministers, 15 are corrupt”, Kejriwal told reporters.
“There are proofs of corruption against former finance minister and President elect Pranab Mukherjee. It is unfortunate that Mukherjee will take oath as the President without the corruption charges against him being proved”.
“A corrupt cabinet is running the country”, said another team Anna member Prashant Bhusan.
Kejriwal said the country would not get a Lokpal if the corrupt ministers don’t go to jail.
Kejriwal also flayed the political parties those who supported Pranab in the Presidential poll.
Kejriwal demanded that a Special Investigation Team, comprising of retired judges of Supreme Court and High Court to probe the corruption cases in UPA-2 ministers, should be set up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read