A day after Jantar Mantar fast, Team Anna to meet today
Noida: Team Anna met here on Monday amid a rift between them and yoga guru Baba Ramdev over the treatment meted out to Arvind Kejriwal in public and differences within them over attacking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Anna Hazare and Justice Santosh Hegde, who had earlier expressed reservations about targeting the Prime Minister, attended the meeting which is expected to reassess its strategy.
Kiran Bedi, Gopal Rai and Sanjay Singh are the other prominent members attending the meeting. Prashant Bhushan is not attending the meeting as he is out of the country.
Sources said the meeting is likely to discuss the emergence of rift between the Team Anna and Ramdev in public during yesterday`s joint fast after the yoga guru snubbed Kejriwal for taking names.
Though both the sides have downplayed the incident, sources said the meeting will review the relationship with the yoga guru.
A section of Team Anna had reservations about Ramdev as he faces charges. They were also miffed at his "one-upmanship".
The issue of attacking the Prime Minister is also likely to figure prominently during the meeting.
Kejriwal has been insisting that taking names of politicians, including the Prime Minister, is necessary to keep the pace of the movement.
The meeting will also strategise on the proposed indefinite fast from July 25 in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP