A K Antony to visit Ladakh, Siachen Glacier
New Delhi: Inspecting an IAF advanced
landing ground on the Sino-Indian border will be high on the
agenda of Defence Minister A K Antony during his two-day visit
to Ladakh next week.
This will be Antony`s first visit to the Nyoma Advanced
Landing Ground, just 23 km from the borders with China, that
was activated last year.
At Nyoma, in south-eastern Ladakh region of Jammu and
Kashmir, Antony would first do an aerial survey of the ALG and
later land there to see first hand the infrastructure that has
come up, a defence ministry official said.
He will also visit Siachen during the trip on June 21 and
"One of the thrust areas of the minister`s visit is to
raise the living standards of troops including quality of food
in such remote places as Siachen. He will interact with the
army personnel to know and understand their conditions," the
Since he took over as defence minister three years ago,
Antony has been visiting Siachen at least once annually to
meet the army personnel posted in the extreme conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE:CM Fadnavis thanks people of Maharashtra for 'huge' victory as BJP clinches 81 seats; Shiv Sena 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway