A K Antony to visit Ladakh, Siachen Glacier
New Delhi: Inspecting an IAF advanced
landing ground on the Sino-Indian border will be high on the
agenda of Defence Minister A K Antony during his two-day visit
to Ladakh next week.
This will be Antony`s first visit to the Nyoma Advanced
Landing Ground, just 23 km from the borders with China, that
was activated last year.
At Nyoma, in south-eastern Ladakh region of Jammu and
Kashmir, Antony would first do an aerial survey of the ALG and
later land there to see first hand the infrastructure that has
come up, a defence ministry official said.
He will also visit Siachen during the trip on June 21 and
"One of the thrust areas of the minister`s visit is to
raise the living standards of troops including quality of food
in such remote places as Siachen. He will interact with the
army personnel to know and understand their conditions," the
Since he took over as defence minister three years ago,
Antony has been visiting Siachen at least once annually to
meet the army personnel posted in the extreme conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional