A K Antony to visit Ladakh, Siachen Glacier
New Delhi: Inspecting an IAF advanced
landing ground on the Sino-Indian border will be high on the
agenda of Defence Minister A K Antony during his two-day visit
to Ladakh next week.
This will be Antony`s first visit to the Nyoma Advanced
Landing Ground, just 23 km from the borders with China, that
was activated last year.
At Nyoma, in south-eastern Ladakh region of Jammu and
Kashmir, Antony would first do an aerial survey of the ALG and
later land there to see first hand the infrastructure that has
come up, a defence ministry official said.
He will also visit Siachen during the trip on June 21 and
"One of the thrust areas of the minister`s visit is to
raise the living standards of troops including quality of food
in such remote places as Siachen. He will interact with the
army personnel to know and understand their conditions," the
Since he took over as defence minister three years ago,
Antony has been visiting Siachen at least once annually to
meet the army personnel posted in the extreme conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video