A K Jain new NHRC secretary general
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Arun Kumar Jain has been appointed as the new secretary general in National Human Rights Commission.
Jain, a 1977-batch IAS officer of Nagaland cadre, is presently adviser of Inter State Council Secretariat under Ministry of Home Affairs, a Department of Personnel and Training statement said here today.
His appointment came following retirement of Rajiv Sharma, a 1976-batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory