A K Jain new NHRC secretary general
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Arun Kumar Jain has been appointed as the new secretary general in National Human Rights Commission.
Jain, a 1977-batch IAS officer of Nagaland cadre, is presently adviser of Inter State Council Secretariat under Ministry of Home Affairs, a Department of Personnel and Training statement said here today.
His appointment came following retirement of Rajiv Sharma, a 1976-batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources