A K Jain new NHRC secretary general
New Delhi: Senior IAS officer Arun Kumar Jain has been appointed as the new secretary general in National Human Rights Commission.
Jain, a 1977-batch IAS officer of Nagaland cadre, is presently adviser of Inter State Council Secretariat under Ministry of Home Affairs, a Department of Personnel and Training statement said here today.
His appointment came following retirement of Rajiv Sharma, a 1976-batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy