A Raja bail not end of 2G spectrum case: BJP
New Delhi: With a CBI special court granting bail to former telecom minister A. Raja in the 2G spectrum case, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Tuesday said this was not the end of the case but could provide an opportunity for more persons to be made accused in the scandal.
"The case is not over. But it will progress and will provide an opportunity to scrutinise the role played by some others, who are not yet accused in the case, and probably including them among the list of accused," said BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain, reacting to the grant of bail for Raja.
Though Hussain did not name Home Minister P. Chidambaram and his son Karthi Chidambaram, his reference to some others was obviously aimed at the two.
Meanwhile, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) MP T.K.S. Elangovan reacted to the news of bail to Raja, saying he and his party were happy with this development in the case.
Elangovan also said that Raja will continue to play a key role in the DMK as a party man and office-bearer.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Court earlier Tuesday granted bail to Raja, who has been in jail for the last 15 months since his arrest in the 2G spectrum allocation scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest