A Raja bail not end of 2G spectrum case: BJP
New Delhi: With a CBI special court granting bail to former telecom minister A. Raja in the 2G spectrum case, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Tuesday said this was not the end of the case but could provide an opportunity for more persons to be made accused in the scandal.
"The case is not over. But it will progress and will provide an opportunity to scrutinise the role played by some others, who are not yet accused in the case, and probably including them among the list of accused," said BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain, reacting to the grant of bail for Raja.
Though Hussain did not name Home Minister P. Chidambaram and his son Karthi Chidambaram, his reference to some others was obviously aimed at the two.
Meanwhile, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) MP T.K.S. Elangovan reacted to the news of bail to Raja, saying he and his party were happy with this development in the case.
Elangovan also said that Raja will continue to play a key role in the DMK as a party man and office-bearer.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Court earlier Tuesday granted bail to Raja, who has been in jail for the last 15 months since his arrest in the 2G spectrum allocation scandal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists