A Raja doesn`t attend R-Day celebrations
New Delhi: Former telecom minister A Raja,
arrested in 2G spectrum allocation case and lodged in Tihar
jail here, did not participate in the Republic Day
celebrations held on Thursday in the prison premises due to security
The 63rd Republic Day was celebrated in all the 10 jails
of the Tihar Prisons.
After the national flag was hoisted and the national
anthem sung, DG Tihar Prisons Neeraj Kumar also announced the
news of Delhi government granting remission of sentences to
2,500 inmates. Special foos was also served to inmates as
part of the celebrations.
Sources said the under-construction jail in
Mandavali will be ready by the end of this year. Spread across
68 acres of land, this prison will have six jails and house
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources