Aadhaar can be ID proof for LPG connections
Chennai: People seeking new LPG connections
from Indian Oil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan
Petroleum Corporation can now submit their Letter of allotment
of Aadhaar - unique identification authority number -- as a
proof of identity.
These oil marketing companies had advised their
distributors to accept Aadhaar issued by the Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as proof of identity
and address, a statement from IOC said here.
The Aadhaar (Letter issued by UIDAI) would be included in
the list of documents sufficient for issue of new domestic LPG
connections, it said.
According to UIDAI, so far 94,78,591 Aadhaars had been
issued in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof