Aadhaar can be ID proof for LPG connections
Chennai: People seeking new LPG connections
from Indian Oil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan
Petroleum Corporation can now submit their Letter of allotment
of Aadhaar - unique identification authority number -- as a
proof of identity.
These oil marketing companies had advised their
distributors to accept Aadhaar issued by the Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as proof of identity
and address, a statement from IOC said here.
The Aadhaar (Letter issued by UIDAI) would be included in
the list of documents sufficient for issue of new domestic LPG
connections, it said.
According to UIDAI, so far 94,78,591 Aadhaars had been
issued in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan