Aadhaar can be ID proof for LPG connections
Chennai: People seeking new LPG connections
from Indian Oil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan
Petroleum Corporation can now submit their Letter of allotment
of Aadhaar - unique identification authority number -- as a
proof of identity.
These oil marketing companies had advised their
distributors to accept Aadhaar issued by the Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as proof of identity
and address, a statement from IOC said here.
The Aadhaar (Letter issued by UIDAI) would be included in
the list of documents sufficient for issue of new domestic LPG
connections, it said.
According to UIDAI, so far 94,78,591 Aadhaars had been
issued in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed