Aadhaar Phase-II to begin this month
New Delhi: The Unique Identification
Authority of India on Tuesday said it will commence its second
phase of Aadhaar enrolments for 40 crore residents this
month and hopes to complete the process in the next two years.
"UIDAI is all set to begin its second phase of enrolments
for Aadhaar for 40 crore residents in April 2012 and hopes to
cover 40 crore residents in the coming 2 years, " the Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) said in a statement.
In a bid to complete the enrolment process efficiently,
the authority organised a workshop where it discussed issues
related to continuation of enrolment through multi-registrars
and sweep approach to cover maximum number of residents of
The authority is also planning to set up permanent
enrolment stations at district/taluk level in states that have
covered majority of their population.
It will also ask its registrars to launch special social
inclusion drives to cover marginalised sections of society.
The Cabinet Committee on UIDAI had approved the
continuation of Aadhaar enrolments by Unique Identification
Authority of India (UIDAI) through multiple Registrars for an
additional 40 crore residents in January, this year.
The authority has already completed the enrolment of 20
crore residents in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Migrant arrivals inch up after failed Turkey coup: Greece
- Second French church attacker formally identified: Prosecutors
- HUGE HONOUR! PM Narendra Modi featured in Obama's DNC introduction video - WATCH
- NASA reveals new information on Sun's magnetic field and its kin!
- Argentine FA hope for Lionel Messi international U-turn