Aadhaar Phase-II to begin this month
New Delhi: The Unique Identification
Authority of India on Tuesday said it will commence its second
phase of Aadhaar enrolments for 40 crore residents this
month and hopes to complete the process in the next two years.
"UIDAI is all set to begin its second phase of enrolments
for Aadhaar for 40 crore residents in April 2012 and hopes to
cover 40 crore residents in the coming 2 years, " the Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) said in a statement.
In a bid to complete the enrolment process efficiently,
the authority organised a workshop where it discussed issues
related to continuation of enrolment through multi-registrars
and sweep approach to cover maximum number of residents of
The authority is also planning to set up permanent
enrolment stations at district/taluk level in states that have
covered majority of their population.
It will also ask its registrars to launch special social
inclusion drives to cover marginalised sections of society.
The Cabinet Committee on UIDAI had approved the
continuation of Aadhaar enrolments by Unique Identification
Authority of India (UIDAI) through multiple Registrars for an
additional 40 crore residents in January, this year.
The authority has already completed the enrolment of 20
crore residents in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM