‘Aam aadmi’ not responsible for cop’s death: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Claiming that Delhi Police was trying to frame the eight people for the death of Delhi Police constable Subash Chand Tomar, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal, while demanding that the guilty be punished, questioned the police’s probe on Tuesday.
Kejriwal was assertive when said that if anyone of them was found guilty of murdering Tomar then strict action should be taken against them, however, he felt that it appears that the police have no evidence and that they are acting against the youth with some hidden motive.
Kejriwal came out in the open on the issue after it was reported that one of the eight, Chaman Kumar, is an active member of Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party.
While he accepted that Chaman Kumar may have been involved in some of the activities of the AAP party, Kejriwal said he should be punished if found guilty.
However, Kejriwal claimed that none of those arrested were picked up from the site of protest and demanded that the police to show the CCTV footages.
Kejriwal said that the Delhi Police had not a speck of proof against those arrested.
His party colleague Manish Sisodiya explained how the court proceedings on Monday saw Delhi Police left with no answers to the judge’s questions over the details of those arrested.
Delhi Police had yesterday arrested eight persons for police constable’s death from violence during anti gang-rape protests at the India Gate.
Those arrested were charged with attempt to murder, rioting and destruction of public property among other sections of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3