‘Aam aadmi’ not responsible for cop’s death: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Claiming that Delhi Police was trying to frame the eight people for the death of Delhi Police constable Subash Chand Tomar, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal, while demanding that the guilty be punished, questioned the police’s probe on Tuesday.
Kejriwal was assertive when said that if anyone of them was found guilty of murdering Tomar then strict action should be taken against them, however, he felt that it appears that the police have no evidence and that they are acting against the youth with some hidden motive.
Kejriwal came out in the open on the issue after it was reported that one of the eight, Chaman Kumar, is an active member of Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party.
While he accepted that Chaman Kumar may have been involved in some of the activities of the AAP party, Kejriwal said he should be punished if found guilty.
However, Kejriwal claimed that none of those arrested were picked up from the site of protest and demanded that the police to show the CCTV footages.
Kejriwal said that the Delhi Police had not a speck of proof against those arrested.
His party colleague Manish Sisodiya explained how the court proceedings on Monday saw Delhi Police left with no answers to the judge’s questions over the details of those arrested.
Delhi Police had yesterday arrested eight persons for police constable’s death from violence during anti gang-rape protests at the India Gate.
Those arrested were charged with attempt to murder, rioting and destruction of public property among other sections of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon