Aam Aadmi Party to go for organisational revamp, says Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: Reeling under electoral debacle, Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday declared that the fledgling party was going into rebuilding mode to strengthen its roots.
Talking to scribes on the sidelines of AAP`s National Executive Council meeting, Kejriwal said that important decisions were taken and announced several measures to stem the rot that the anti-corruption outfit had tail-spun into.
Informing about the measures, Arvind Kejriwal said, “We will re-establish political affairs and national executive committee and re-energise the party from booth to national level.”
“`Mission Vistaar` will be started in the country wherein from booth-level to national level workers will visit villages and urge people to join AAP. The party was born to ensure that corruption is uprooted and we want to establish an honest government.”
Talking about infighting within the AAP, Kejriwal said that Yogendra Yadav was like his elder brother, who could "scold and slap" him if he went off the track.
"I am human and I make mistakes. Yogendra Yadav has the right to point them out," he added.
Reflecting on AAP`s performance in the General Elections, Kejriwal quipped, “Though there was a wave of `someone`, but AAP did extremely well in Lok Sabha polls.”
He also took the opportunity to congratulate the Bharatiya Janata Party-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government, and said, “We congratulate Narendra Modi and hope he will fulfil expectations of people.”
He also lauded the NDA government`s take on black money and averred, “We welcome the SIT on black money and hope that the government stops all routes of black money going out of the country.”
Kejriwal hoped that the NDA government would put a check on rising prices and said, "According to reports, the new government is planning to double gas prices. If this happens, the prices of power and food items will shoot up. We appeal to the government not to go ahead with it (hike)."
He urged the BJP to address water and electricity issues, especially in he capital, and said, “We demand subsidies for water and electricity from Central government for Delhi. AAP`s MPs will raise these issues in the Parliament.”
Talking on the topic of Pune-based techie`s murder, he added, “We condemn murder of techie in Pune, and hope the government takes swift action in the case.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3