Aam Aadmi Party to go for organisational revamp, says Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau/Hemant Abhishek
New Delhi: Reeling under electoral debacle, Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday declared that the fledgling party was going into rebuilding mode to strengthen its roots.
Talking to scribes on the sidelines of AAP`s National Executive Council meeting, Kejriwal said that important decisions were taken and announced several measures to stem the rot that the anti-corruption outfit had tail-spun into.
Informing about the measures, Arvind Kejriwal said, “We will re-establish political affairs and national executive committee and re-energise the party from booth to national level.”
“`Mission Vistaar` will be started in the country wherein from booth-level to national level workers will visit villages and urge people to join AAP. The party was born to ensure that corruption is uprooted and we want to establish an honest government.”
Talking about infighting within the AAP, Kejriwal said that Yogendra Yadav was like his elder brother, who could "scold and slap" him if he went off the track.
"I am human and I make mistakes. Yogendra Yadav has the right to point them out," he added.
Reflecting on AAP`s performance in the General Elections, Kejriwal quipped, “Though there was a wave of `someone`, but AAP did extremely well in Lok Sabha polls.”
He also took the opportunity to congratulate the Bharatiya Janata Party-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government, and said, “We congratulate Narendra Modi and hope he will fulfil expectations of people.”
He also lauded the NDA government`s take on black money and averred, “We welcome the SIT on black money and hope that the government stops all routes of black money going out of the country.”
Kejriwal hoped that the NDA government would put a check on rising prices and said, "According to reports, the new government is planning to double gas prices. If this happens, the prices of power and food items will shoot up. We appeal to the government not to go ahead with it (hike)."
He urged the BJP to address water and electricity issues, especially in he capital, and said, “We demand subsidies for water and electricity from Central government for Delhi. AAP`s MPs will raise these issues in the Parliament.”
Talking on the topic of Pune-based techie`s murder, he added, “We condemn murder of techie in Pune, and hope the government takes swift action in the case.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand