Aam Aadmi Party`s UK chapter launched
London: Aam Aadmi Party led by Arvind Kejriwal has launched its UK Chapter here.
The launch, which coincided with the Republic Day, was marked by patriotic songs and the signing of a 15-point oath at Tavistock Square in central London.
"Each point commits and re-affirms our resolve and determination to strive and be the change we want to see in India ? a fair and just India where the fruits of development are shared equally by all citizens," said AAP-UK coordinator Raj Redij-Gill.
NRIs from London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow and Milton Keynes were joined by tourists at the square, which has London`s biggest bronze statue of Mahatma Gandhi as its centrepiece.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video