Aamir Khan to join Anna Hazare`s new anti-graft team?
New Delhi: After severing ties with India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal over the formation of a political party, veteran social activist Anna Hazare on Monday may launch a new anti-graft team.
Hazare will meet former Army chief VK Singh and the duo may address a press conference. Notably, Anna wants Singh to play a key role in the new team.
Also, Anna is likely to rope in Bollywood actor Aamir Khan for the new phase of his movement.
Earlier this month, the anti-corruption crusader had decided to recast his core team that was disbanded in August.
Although Anna may not announce the new team today, the veteran activist is expected to atleast reveal the roadmap towards the goal.
Hazare`s new team will comprise individuals known for their integrity, who can take the anti-graft movement forward, key Anna aide and former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Kiran Bedi had said.
"Individuals, who are an institution themselves, be it retired civil servants, corporate honchos or artists, Anna is looking for a new inclusive core group with individuals, who are one call away from the powers that be but are known for their non-partisanship and are reformist by nature," Bedi said.
She had also named three such individuals, whom Hazare may approach to be part of his new core committee.
The three are former Army chief General VK Singh, who had raised his voice against corruption throughout his tenure; former Uttar Pradesh director general of police Prakash Singh, who filed a public interest litigation seeking police reforms to rid the service from political interference and got the order passed; and Bhure Lal, who enjoys the confidence of the Supreme Court for heading independent committees to examine social issues as a friend for the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'