Aamir Khan to join Anna Hazare`s new anti-graft team?
New Delhi: After severing ties with India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal over the formation of a political party, veteran social activist Anna Hazare on Monday may launch a new anti-graft team.
Hazare will meet former Army chief VK Singh and the duo may address a press conference. Notably, Anna wants Singh to play a key role in the new team.
Also, Anna is likely to rope in Bollywood actor Aamir Khan for the new phase of his movement.
Earlier this month, the anti-corruption crusader had decided to recast his core team that was disbanded in August.
Although Anna may not announce the new team today, the veteran activist is expected to atleast reveal the roadmap towards the goal.
Hazare`s new team will comprise individuals known for their integrity, who can take the anti-graft movement forward, key Anna aide and former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Kiran Bedi had said.
"Individuals, who are an institution themselves, be it retired civil servants, corporate honchos or artists, Anna is looking for a new inclusive core group with individuals, who are one call away from the powers that be but are known for their non-partisanship and are reformist by nature," Bedi said.
She had also named three such individuals, whom Hazare may approach to be part of his new core committee.
The three are former Army chief General VK Singh, who had raised his voice against corruption throughout his tenure; former Uttar Pradesh director general of police Prakash Singh, who filed a public interest litigation seeking police reforms to rid the service from political interference and got the order passed; and Bhure Lal, who enjoys the confidence of the Supreme Court for heading independent committees to examine social issues as a friend for the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced