Aamir Khan to join Anna Hazare`s new anti-graft team?
New Delhi: After severing ties with India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal over the formation of a political party, veteran social activist Anna Hazare on Monday may launch a new anti-graft team.
Hazare will meet former Army chief VK Singh and the duo may address a press conference. Notably, Anna wants Singh to play a key role in the new team.
Also, Anna is likely to rope in Bollywood actor Aamir Khan for the new phase of his movement.
Earlier this month, the anti-corruption crusader had decided to recast his core team that was disbanded in August.
Although Anna may not announce the new team today, the veteran activist is expected to atleast reveal the roadmap towards the goal.
Hazare`s new team will comprise individuals known for their integrity, who can take the anti-graft movement forward, key Anna aide and former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Kiran Bedi had said.
"Individuals, who are an institution themselves, be it retired civil servants, corporate honchos or artists, Anna is looking for a new inclusive core group with individuals, who are one call away from the powers that be but are known for their non-partisanship and are reformist by nature," Bedi said.
She had also named three such individuals, whom Hazare may approach to be part of his new core committee.
The three are former Army chief General VK Singh, who had raised his voice against corruption throughout his tenure; former Uttar Pradesh director general of police Prakash Singh, who filed a public interest litigation seeking police reforms to rid the service from political interference and got the order passed; and Bhure Lal, who enjoys the confidence of the Supreme Court for heading independent committees to examine social issues as a friend for the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla