AAP activist Chandra Mohan Sharma arrested
Zee Media Bureau
Noida: Aam Aadmi Party activist Chandra Mohan Sharma, who had allegedly faked his death, was arrested by the Uttar Pradesh police on Thursday evening, latest reports suggest.
Sharma and his lover were detained by the UP police in Bangalore, where he was living after faking his death.
The activist who was found 'burnt to death' in his car in Greater Noida three months ago, was caught alive after reports of him being spotted in Nepal emerged.
After receiving the inputs, the police had sent teams to Karnataka as well as Nepal and its bordering areas to search for the 38-year-old Sharma suspecting that he had staged his death.
A report had quoted Sharma's wife Savita as saying that the activist was allegedly living with a woman. She, too, believed that the AAP member had faked his death.
The police said the burnt body found in the car was of someone else and have now begun looking afresh at the case.
According to Savita, the police tracked down Sharma after putting his mobile on tracker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city