AAP activist Chandra Mohan Sharma arrested
Zee Media Bureau
Noida: Aam Aadmi Party activist Chandra Mohan Sharma, who had allegedly faked his death, was arrested by the Uttar Pradesh police on Thursday evening, latest reports suggest.
Sharma and his lover were detained by the UP police in Bangalore, where he was living after faking his death.
The activist who was found 'burnt to death' in his car in Greater Noida three months ago, was caught alive after reports of him being spotted in Nepal emerged.
After receiving the inputs, the police had sent teams to Karnataka as well as Nepal and its bordering areas to search for the 38-year-old Sharma suspecting that he had staged his death.
A report had quoted Sharma's wife Savita as saying that the activist was allegedly living with a woman. She, too, believed that the AAP member had faked his death.
The police said the burnt body found in the car was of someone else and have now begun looking afresh at the case.
According to Savita, the police tracked down Sharma after putting his mobile on tracker.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!