AAP agitation `anarchic`: BJP
New Delhi: Attacking AAP`s agitation led by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, BJP on Monday said it is "anarchic and a gimmick" and wondered whether the party formed the government to "wreck" the system from within.
The BJP also asked the new outfit to give up its "mock fight" with "ally" Congress and take up its issues regarding conduct of police with the Centre instead.
Hitting out at the new party for the agitation it launched today, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said, "Did the AAP form a government to wreck the system from within?."
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said, "The situation we have seen today on the streets of Delhi is anarchic. This is a mock-fight between AAP and its ally Congress. Such an agitation, which is taking place near Rajpath where the Republic Day rehearsals are on, affects the aam admi (common man) and both the parties are responsible for it."
The BJP said the issues flagged by AAP are important but the manner in which it has gone about it is not acceptable.
Slamming the "confrontationist route" adopted by AAP, BJP insisted that the party cannot bring Delhi and its administration on the streets.
"This is a government which is like a fish out of water in the Delhi secretariat and is hence out on the streets reliving its activist days rather than running the administration," Sitharaman said.
The main opposition claimed that though the AAP government could have taken up the issues with the Congress-led Centre, it has resorted to such "gimmickry" while the UPA government remains a mute spectator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand