AAP announces first list of probable candidates for Lok Sabha polls
New Delhi: Banker Meera Sanyal and activist Mayank Gandhi figured in the AAP`s first list of probable candidates released late Thursday night for forthcoming Lok Sabha elections in Maharashtra while no senior leader`s name featured from Delhi and Haryana.
Sanyal, a former chief executive officer of Royal Bank of Scotland who joined AAP recently, has been named as probable candidate from Mumbai South constituency while Gandhi`s name has been declared from North-west Mumbai.
Of the 48 parliamentary seats in Maharashtra, the party has released the names of probable candidates from Mumbai, Nagpur, Thane, Pune and Nashik.
Vijay Pandhare, a former engineer with the Maharashtra government, has been named as probable candidate from Nashik.
Pandhare played a major role in unearthing the irrigation scam that led to the resignation of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar.
Of the seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi, the party released the names of probable candidates for six seats. It is yet to declare any name from North-west Delhi constituency.
The probable candidates in Delhi include Mohammad Mursaleen and Mohit Beniwal for Chandani Chowk seat, Dev Das Goswami and Irvinder Singh for West-Delhi seat and Mamta Sharma and Niranjan Koli from South Delhi Lok Sabha seat.
Party sources said that around 65 applicants were vying for each Lok Sabha seat in Delhi.
The party has released list of probable candidates from all the 10 parliamentary seats in Haryana, which included Satish Yadav from Gurgaon and Amit Pathak from Faridabad.
The party has asked people to give feedback on the probable candidates.
"We are in the process of screening the candidates and we will keep updating the list in coming days. The list will be finalised by the Political Affairs Committee after seeing feedback for the candidates," a party source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16