AAP announces first list of probable candidates for Lok Sabha polls
New Delhi: Banker Meera Sanyal and activist Mayank Gandhi figured in the AAP`s first list of probable candidates released late Thursday night for forthcoming Lok Sabha elections in Maharashtra while no senior leader`s name featured from Delhi and Haryana.
Sanyal, a former chief executive officer of Royal Bank of Scotland who joined AAP recently, has been named as probable candidate from Mumbai South constituency while Gandhi`s name has been declared from North-west Mumbai.
Of the 48 parliamentary seats in Maharashtra, the party has released the names of probable candidates from Mumbai, Nagpur, Thane, Pune and Nashik.
Vijay Pandhare, a former engineer with the Maharashtra government, has been named as probable candidate from Nashik.
Pandhare played a major role in unearthing the irrigation scam that led to the resignation of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar.
Of the seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi, the party released the names of probable candidates for six seats. It is yet to declare any name from North-west Delhi constituency.
The probable candidates in Delhi include Mohammad Mursaleen and Mohit Beniwal for Chandani Chowk seat, Dev Das Goswami and Irvinder Singh for West-Delhi seat and Mamta Sharma and Niranjan Koli from South Delhi Lok Sabha seat.
Party sources said that around 65 applicants were vying for each Lok Sabha seat in Delhi.
The party has released list of probable candidates from all the 10 parliamentary seats in Haryana, which included Satish Yadav from Gurgaon and Amit Pathak from Faridabad.
The party has asked people to give feedback on the probable candidates.
"We are in the process of screening the candidates and we will keep updating the list in coming days. The list will be finalised by the Political Affairs Committee after seeing feedback for the candidates," a party source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog