AAP announces first list of probable candidates for Lok Sabha polls
New Delhi: Banker Meera Sanyal and activist Mayank Gandhi figured in the AAP`s first list of probable candidates released late Thursday night for forthcoming Lok Sabha elections in Maharashtra while no senior leader`s name featured from Delhi and Haryana.
Sanyal, a former chief executive officer of Royal Bank of Scotland who joined AAP recently, has been named as probable candidate from Mumbai South constituency while Gandhi`s name has been declared from North-west Mumbai.
Of the 48 parliamentary seats in Maharashtra, the party has released the names of probable candidates from Mumbai, Nagpur, Thane, Pune and Nashik.
Vijay Pandhare, a former engineer with the Maharashtra government, has been named as probable candidate from Nashik.
Pandhare played a major role in unearthing the irrigation scam that led to the resignation of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar.
Of the seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi, the party released the names of probable candidates for six seats. It is yet to declare any name from North-west Delhi constituency.
The probable candidates in Delhi include Mohammad Mursaleen and Mohit Beniwal for Chandani Chowk seat, Dev Das Goswami and Irvinder Singh for West-Delhi seat and Mamta Sharma and Niranjan Koli from South Delhi Lok Sabha seat.
Party sources said that around 65 applicants were vying for each Lok Sabha seat in Delhi.
The party has released list of probable candidates from all the 10 parliamentary seats in Haryana, which included Satish Yadav from Gurgaon and Amit Pathak from Faridabad.
The party has asked people to give feedback on the probable candidates.
"We are in the process of screening the candidates and we will keep updating the list in coming days. The list will be finalised by the Political Affairs Committee after seeing feedback for the candidates," a party source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming