AAP attacks BJP on Babri sting, says it owes on explanation
New Delhi: BJP owed an explanation to the nation in the wake of a sting operation claiming that Babri Masjid demolition was "an act of planned sabotage", the Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday said.
AAP leader Ashutosh also criticised BJP for questioning the timing of the sting operation saying the main issue was whether the mosque was "deliberately demolished or not".
"Why is BJP questioning the timing of the sting? Only because now the truth has come out? They might call it `Congress-sponsored` but they owe an explanation," he told reporters during a roadshow here.
"The question is not whether the timing of the `sting` is right or wrong. The question is whether Babri Masjid was deliberately demolished or not. BJP should explain this. They are not questioning the `contents` of the sting but only talking about its timing," he said.
The news portal `Cobrapost` in a sting operation yesterday claimed that Babri Mosque demolition was an "act of planned sabotage" and not the work of a frenzied mob of Hindu outfits.
The investigation claimed that the entire "sabotage" was planned with so much secrecy that no government agency got a wind of it. After many years of investigation, the CBI has not been able to find clinching, corroborative evidence against all those 40 it has made accused in its chargesheet, it claimed.
Asked about yesterday`s attack on Kejriwal at a public rally, Ahustosh denied it being a "publicity stunt".
"It was not a publicity stunt. The other parties are scared of us and that is why they called it publicity stunt," he said.
AAP leader and the party`s candidate from Amethi, Kumar Vishwas was also here canvassing for Ashutosh.
"We will come with a clean majority in Amethi. Media might say that we have lost public support. But you need to go to Amethi to see what the reality is," Vishwas said.
He also rejected results of opinion poll about AAP`s sucess in Lok Sabha polls saying, "We were given five seats by opinion polls in Delhi assembly polls but the results were evident. The same would be repeated in the upcoming elections too."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you