AAP balks at forming govt as power brings corruption: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Sunday claimed that Aam Admi Party was hesitant to form government in Delhi because it knew that power can corrupt.
"AAP is hesitating to form government in Delhi as they know with power comes the corruption," Parrikar said, at a function where he launched Goa chapter of Forum for Integrated National Security (FINS), led by Justice (retd) R M S Khandeparkar.
Speaking about anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare who is currently on a fast for Jan Lokpal Bill, Parrikar said, "Anna has held the correct nerve of the society, but bills will not transform the face of corruption in the society. Lokpal bill or Lokayukta is not going to solve the (problem of) corruption."
Except for Karnataka, Lokayukta had not had much impact at the state level, he noted.
"Not just this, but after Lokayukta formation, has corruption been weeded out or reduced in Karnataka?" he asked.
The ombudsman body could not have much impact in Goa too, as Lokayukta Sudershan Reddy resigned within seven months of taking the charge, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere