AAP balks at forming govt as power brings corruption: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Sunday claimed that Aam Admi Party was hesitant to form government in Delhi because it knew that power can corrupt.
"AAP is hesitating to form government in Delhi as they know with power comes the corruption," Parrikar said, at a function where he launched Goa chapter of Forum for Integrated National Security (FINS), led by Justice (retd) R M S Khandeparkar.
Speaking about anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare who is currently on a fast for Jan Lokpal Bill, Parrikar said, "Anna has held the correct nerve of the society, but bills will not transform the face of corruption in the society. Lokpal bill or Lokayukta is not going to solve the (problem of) corruption."
Except for Karnataka, Lokayukta had not had much impact at the state level, he noted.
"Not just this, but after Lokayukta formation, has corruption been weeded out or reduced in Karnataka?" he asked.
The ombudsman body could not have much impact in Goa too, as Lokayukta Sudershan Reddy resigned within seven months of taking the charge, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore