AAP balks at forming govt as power brings corruption: Manohar Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Sunday claimed that Aam Admi Party was hesitant to form government in Delhi because it knew that power can corrupt.
"AAP is hesitating to form government in Delhi as they know with power comes the corruption," Parrikar said, at a function where he launched Goa chapter of Forum for Integrated National Security (FINS), led by Justice (retd) R M S Khandeparkar.
Speaking about anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare who is currently on a fast for Jan Lokpal Bill, Parrikar said, "Anna has held the correct nerve of the society, but bills will not transform the face of corruption in the society. Lokpal bill or Lokayukta is not going to solve the (problem of) corruption."
Except for Karnataka, Lokayukta had not had much impact at the state level, he noted.
"Not just this, but after Lokayukta formation, has corruption been weeded out or reduced in Karnataka?" he asked.
The ombudsman body could not have much impact in Goa too, as Lokayukta Sudershan Reddy resigned within seven months of taking the charge, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone