AAP challenges Rahul for debate on any issue related to Amethi
Amethi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has challenged Congress vice president and Amethi MP Rahul Gandhi to come for a debate on any issue related to his Lok Sabha constituency.
"We have written a letter to Rahul that we are ready for a debate with him on any issue - be it the development of Amethi or attack on AAP workers in Kamraula police station area yesterday," AAP candidate from Amethi Kumar Vishwas today said at a press conference, along with senior party leaders Manish Sisodia and Sanjay Singh.
The three leaders, who led a silent procession of about 1,000 APP workers in protest against yesterday`s attack on party activists, asked whether the incident was the reality of Rahul`s "yuva josh" slogan.
"Women in Amethi are not safe whereas he (Rahul) has been going on talking about women empowerment," Vishwas said.
Party spokesman Singh charged the police with laxity and said they did not take necessary action in yesterday`s attack. He said he would file a complaint with the Election Commission in Lucknow tomorrow.
Alleging that the attack was Rahul`s conspiracy, former Delhi minister Sisodia asked how can he sitting in Delhi not know what his workers are doing in Amethi.
"Has Rahul Gandhi asked his workers why such an attack has taken place... Has he called and asked why this `goondaraj` in Amethi?" Sisodia asked.
The leaders said the party would organise "sadbuddhi yagna" at all district headquarters in the state on March 19 to pray that better sense would prevail on Congress workers and vowed that AAP workers would not raise their hands even if attacked.
On AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal`s controversial remarks on the media, they said he had spoken about a section of media and named a newspaper for improper coverage about which a complaint had already been made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug