AAP challenges Rahul for debate on any issue related to Amethi
Amethi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has challenged Congress vice president and Amethi MP Rahul Gandhi to come for a debate on any issue related to his Lok Sabha constituency.
"We have written a letter to Rahul that we are ready for a debate with him on any issue - be it the development of Amethi or attack on AAP workers in Kamraula police station area yesterday," AAP candidate from Amethi Kumar Vishwas today said at a press conference, along with senior party leaders Manish Sisodia and Sanjay Singh.
The three leaders, who led a silent procession of about 1,000 APP workers in protest against yesterday`s attack on party activists, asked whether the incident was the reality of Rahul`s "yuva josh" slogan.
"Women in Amethi are not safe whereas he (Rahul) has been going on talking about women empowerment," Vishwas said.
Party spokesman Singh charged the police with laxity and said they did not take necessary action in yesterday`s attack. He said he would file a complaint with the Election Commission in Lucknow tomorrow.
Alleging that the attack was Rahul`s conspiracy, former Delhi minister Sisodia asked how can he sitting in Delhi not know what his workers are doing in Amethi.
"Has Rahul Gandhi asked his workers why such an attack has taken place... Has he called and asked why this `goondaraj` in Amethi?" Sisodia asked.
The leaders said the party would organise "sadbuddhi yagna" at all district headquarters in the state on March 19 to pray that better sense would prevail on Congress workers and vowed that AAP workers would not raise their hands even if attacked.
On AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal`s controversial remarks on the media, they said he had spoken about a section of media and named a newspaper for improper coverage about which a complaint had already been made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery