AAP comes out with new method for fund collection
New Delhi: In order to generate funds for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, the Aam Aadmi Party has come up with a mobile application "Aap ka Dhaan".
The mobile application will only be available to volunteers and candidates to collect fund, party sources said.
"If a volunteer or candidate will collect money, he/ she will fill in details of the donor on the application. In response the donor will get a message saying the party has received the money and the party will also have a record of how much money was collected by the volunteer. This will bring in more transparency.
"A cap will also be set on the volunteers above which he/she cannot collect money. Volunteers have to deposit the money with the party after reaching the limit prescribed only after which he/ she can seek more donations," explained an AAP leader.
This will also benefit the candidates contesting elections and help party keep a tab on the funding. The party is also looking at corporates for funds since they can contribute to the party more than individuals, the leader said.
In order to gather more funds, the party will arrange more out reach programmes in form of dinner sessions targeting different segments of the society at the national level.
A similar dinner was arranged by the party at premium cost of Rs 20,000 per head as the entry fee in Bangalore. Although this invited criticism from various quarters, the party remains unfazed and has decided to go ahead with similar programmes across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’