AAP compared to Imran Khan`s party
Islamabad: A Pakistani newspaper on Monday compared the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) with cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI).
"Both parties are challenging the existing political forces, and are actually a vote of no confidence in their ability to express the wishes of the masses," said an editorial in The Nation.
It said both the AAP and PTI enjoyed the support of the youths and middle class.
"The similarities of the PTI and AAP are too many to be missed. Both are parties from outside the normal political spectrum, with the support base of urban youth and the middle class," the editorial said.
Both parties preside over a provincial government. The AAP rules Delhi and the PTI governs the Kyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, it said.
The PTI is also the main opposition in Punjab.
The editorial said the AAP`s success has inspired many politicians everywhere. In Pakistan, perhaps its greatest admirer is PTI`s chairperson Imran Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics