AAP compared to Imran Khan`s party
Islamabad: A Pakistani newspaper on Monday compared the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) with cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI).
"Both parties are challenging the existing political forces, and are actually a vote of no confidence in their ability to express the wishes of the masses," said an editorial in The Nation.
It said both the AAP and PTI enjoyed the support of the youths and middle class.
"The similarities of the PTI and AAP are too many to be missed. Both are parties from outside the normal political spectrum, with the support base of urban youth and the middle class," the editorial said.
Both parties preside over a provincial government. The AAP rules Delhi and the PTI governs the Kyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, it said.
The PTI is also the main opposition in Punjab.
The editorial said the AAP`s success has inspired many politicians everywhere. In Pakistan, perhaps its greatest admirer is PTI`s chairperson Imran Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information