AAP compared to Imran Khan`s party
Islamabad: A Pakistani newspaper on Monday compared the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) with cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI).
"Both parties are challenging the existing political forces, and are actually a vote of no confidence in their ability to express the wishes of the masses," said an editorial in The Nation.
It said both the AAP and PTI enjoyed the support of the youths and middle class.
"The similarities of the PTI and AAP are too many to be missed. Both are parties from outside the normal political spectrum, with the support base of urban youth and the middle class," the editorial said.
Both parties preside over a provincial government. The AAP rules Delhi and the PTI governs the Kyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, it said.
The PTI is also the main opposition in Punjab.
The editorial said the AAP`s success has inspired many politicians everywhere. In Pakistan, perhaps its greatest admirer is PTI`s chairperson Imran Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report