AAP-Cong "alliance" aimed at containing BJP: Sources
New Delhi: BJP leaders feel the AAP-Congress "alliance" forming a government in Delhi is an attempt to contain it in the national capital and adjoining areas in Lok Sabha elections.
BJP leaders, preferring anonymity, said with Congress losing support in the wake of corruption cases and scams against the UPA government, the party is now banking on AAP to build a credible counter to the right-wing party.
Party leaders concede AAP may cause some damage to BJP`s prospects in Lok Sabha polls in some urban constituencies.
"The AAP-Congress alliance is not going to last its full term though Congress may not pull the rug till the Lok Sabha polls are over," a BJP leader said.
However, BJP leaders feel the AAP government, backed by Congress, is not likely to achieve much and take heart from the fact that Arvind Kejriwal has the image of a maverick and this will burn out AAP`s prospects soon.
He is seen as being more of an activist- even an "anarchist"- who will find it difficult to fulfill most of his poll promises.
BJP is hopeful AAP will hold the Congress-led Centre responsible for any roadblocks it hits in governance and this should help the opposition.
Meanwhile, Aam Admi Party`s "volte face" on accepting support from Congress- a party it had attacked all along on issues of corruption and strongly maintained it would never have any alliance with it- invited attacks from BJP.
Wishing good luck to "AAP-Congress alliance", BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said Kejriwal still needs to answer many questions on the issue of accepting Congress support.
"Aam Admi Party owes people many answers. Kejriwal had said he will never accept Congress support. Why is there a U-turn and what is the deal behind accepting Congress support now? This is hypocrisy," Javadekar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly