AAP could form govt in Delhi; all options on table: Kumar Vishwas
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In an interesting turn of events, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday indicated that it could form the government in Delhi even though it doesn’t have the required numbers.
AAP leader Kumar Vishwas said that all options are on the table and they are deliberation on all of them.
Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung has invited AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal to discuss government formation in Delhi. The two will meet tomorrow morning.
The L-G extended invitation to AAP after BJP CM candidate Harsh Vardhan declined the offer to stake claim, saying his party does not have the numbers.
The recent Assembly elections in Delhi threw up a fractured mandate – BJP won 31 seats in the 70-member House and emerged as the single largest party. AAP, meanwhile, got 28 seats followed by Congress`s eight.
Earlier, with no party having majority and ready to stake claim, Delhi appeared to be heading for President`s Rule and subsequent re-election.
However, Kumar Vishwas’ remarks could change the scenario.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi too has said that the party was not averse to supporting Aam Aadmi Party for government formation in Delhi.
Rahul Thursday told reporters that the Congress is mulling the option of lending support to AAP t form government in Delhi.
"It is under consideration," he said.
Congress MLAs are reported to be keen to lend support to AAP, while some BJP MLAs also want to extend support to the debutant party.
However, Kejriwal has been maintaining that they are ready to sit in the opposition and will not lend or accept support from either the BJP or the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Assam: Efforts on to secure release of abducted son of BJP leader
- YuppTV bags broadcast rights for India vs West Indies T20Is in Florida
- STOP THIS SHAME! 8-year-old girl sleeping outside house, abducted, gangraped by neighbours in Delhi
- DISGUSTING! Man booked after objectionable post against Sakshi Malik, her religion on FB
- Eagerly waiting for Kareena, Saif's baby: Karisma Kapoor