AAP effect: Modi interacts with 60 young volunteers
New Delhi: As part of efforts to boost his campaign on social media and reach out to people, BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Thursday interacted with 60 volunteers, asking them to not take election "as end of life" event but connect people with the "message of positivity".
BJP said these volunteers were chosen from 2 lakh people who had associated themselves with the party`s "Mission 272 plus" campaign launched in August last year. As many as 272 MPs are required to get a majority in Lok Sabha.
The strategy of engaging volunteers for campaigning was effectively used by Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi polls, prompting other parties to take note of it.
"They are not party workers. They are independent people who want to work for Modi to become PM. They can work on-line or off-line," party leader Piyush Goyal told reporters.
Modi asked them not to take coming elections as "the end of life" as polls come and go in life but "nation remains", urging them to work for the country and make people feel proud of it, Goyal said.
The volunteers were chosen solely on the basis of their activities and Goyal said they happened to come from all parts of country.
"It occurred to us why not having a meeting of Modiji with these volunteers. They can ask him questions and share their ideas and he can guide them. We invited them three days back," he said, adding all 60 people attended the day-long session which culminated with their meeting with Modi.
A couple of volunteers said Modi asked them not to worry much about criticism and instead concentrate on spreading the message of positivity.
After the interaction, Modi tweeted "The @India272 Dialogue was a memorable experience. I am very glad & reassured about the future of India...A wonderful evening spent with volunteers of @India272 family! We shared thoughts & insights on several issues".
He said when he entered the Dialogue he thought the discussion would be politics-centric but volunteers asked questions on diverse issues. "It was great," he said.
"The enthusiasm of the volunteers was amazing! They are extremely passionate & blessed with tremendous energy to serve our nation," Modi said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title