AAP gets broom as election symbol
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) said Wednesday that it will contest the coming Delhi assembly election with "broom" as its symbol.
"Aam Aadmi Party is happy to announce that the Election Commission has allotted `broom` for all the 70 assembly constituencies of Delhi," said a party statement.
The newly formed party said broom symbolized dignity of labour.
"With broom, the party hopes to clean the filth which has permeated our government and legislature. The country needs a clean sweep of its corrupted mainstream political parties," the statement added.
The Delhi elections are scheduled later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`