AAP has no right to speak against corruption: Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray Monday said Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has "forfeited the moral right to speak against corruption" after taking Congress support to form a government.
"In the Delhi assembly, Kejriwal has taken the support of the corrupt Congress to win the vote of confidence. If he now talks about sweeping out corruption with his `broom` (Aam Aadmi Party symbol), he would be considered a hypocrite," Thackeray said.
In a stinging editorial in the party mouthpiece `Dopahar Ka Saamana`, Thackeray said Kejriwal had issued "a certificate of honesty" to Delhi BJP chief Harsh Vardhan, now the opposition leader.
"During the debate on the vote of confidence, Vardhan exposed the veil of honesty of Kejriwal and Co and explained in detail how the AAP chief and his supporters are fooling the people," Thackeray said.
Accusing the AAP of playing with the sentiments of the people, Thackeray said Kejriwal had termed as "fake" the Batla House gun battle in Delhi in which three terrorists were gunned down and a policeman was martyred.
"He has also insulted our brave soldiers fighting enemies on the country`s borders... This statement (by Kejriwal) is nothing short of treason for which Kejriwal must apologize," Thackeray said.
"Kejriwal and Co had spoken about travelling to work by metro rail and not occupying big government bungalows. But ... they threw to winds all their promises and assurances," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon