AAP kick-starts LS campaign from Rohtak, Arvind Kejriwal challenges Modi on black money
Zee Media Bureau
Rohtak: Ahead of the upcoming General Elections, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday slammed both Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, saying both of them are being supported by Mukesh Ambani.
Addressing a rally here, Kejriwal said, “Mukesh Ambani ki ek jeb me Modi hai, doosri me Rahul (Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi both are in pockets of Mukesh Ambani). Mukesh Ambani is running the government.”
“Mukesh Ambani is financing rallies of both Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi,” he added.
Launching AAP`s national campaign today from Haryana, Kejriwal announced the `Swiss bank account number` of Mukesh and Anil Ambani.
Further taking a dig at Narendra Modi, the ex-Delhi CM said, “People of the country need to pose tough questions in front of Modi. What is the relation between BJP and Ambani? I have both Mukesh and Anil Ambani`s Swiss account numbers. Does Modi have the guts to bring their money back?”
“I have a photo of Modi ji, it shows Adani`s helicopter behind Narendra Modi, will he explain who is paying for his helicopters?”
On gas price issue, Kejriwal said, “I wrote to Mr Modi asking if he will bring down the gas price if he comes to power. But have received no answer yet.”
Launching the most audacious attack on India`s top industrial house ever, Kejriwal said, “Mukesh Ambani bought many TV channels and newspapers and told them to show only Modi, Rahul and banish me.”
Referring to his government`s seven-week rule in Delhi, Kejriwal said he would quit politics if anyone can prove that what his administration achieved in the short period including giving relief to people in the electricity and water fronts and bringing down corruption, any other government in the past had done so in similar time frame.
Kejriwal addressed the rally in Rohtak, which is represented by Deepender Singh Hooda, son of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
AAP leaders Yogendra Yadav and Manish Sisodia were also present in the rally.
Kejriwal launched AAP`s Lok Sabha polls campaign from his home state of Haryana at a well-attended `hunkar`(battle cry) rally, his first after he resigned as Delhi Chief Minister on February 14. AAP plans to contest around 300 Lok Sabha seats, a PTI report said.
During his 49-day tenure as Chief Minister, Kejriwal ordered filing a FIR against Mukesh Ambani and Oil Minister M Veerappa Moily among others, accusing them of manipulating gas prices, a charge denied by Ambani`s Reliance Industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday