AAP magic will not work anywhere else in country, says Gopinath Munde
Thane: Senior BJP leader and MP Gopinath Munde on Saturday said in the upcoming general elections, the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) will not get the kind of support it received in Delhi assembly polls.
"AAP will not get the same kind of response and support from people in other parts of the country as the situation differs from that in Delhi," Munde told reporters on the sidelines of a function here tonight.
"In Delhi, people supported AAP only because Arvind Kejriwal and others had taken part in the Jan Lokpal Bill movement led by Anna Hazare... But in order to form the government, AAP had to take the support of Congress, the party, which it was all against. It clearly indicates that AAP and Congress are jointly running the show," BJP Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha said.
"AAP had not won maximum number of seats in the Delhi assembly polls. It was actually the BJP which had secured the maximum number of seats. But AAP came to power with Congress` support," he said.
Munder however said that his party does not underestimate any other party.
"In the forthcoming Lok Sabha and state Assembly polls, BJP will ensure that the Congress is routed out," he said.
When asked about MNS chief Raj Thackeray`s comment on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, he said, "Modi is our national leader. We are sure that we will win the elections and he will become the Prime Minister. Once Modi becomes the PM, he will automatically relinquish his office as the Chief Minister."
Thackeray had recently said that Modi should first quit chief minister`s office and then fight the elections for the Prime Minister`s post.
He criticised the Maharashtra government over its failure to arrest the murderers of rationalist Dr Narendra Dabholkar. "Not only this case, but several other cases have not been solved by the government. It does not intend to nab Dabholkar`s killers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India