AAP MP taunts Cong over its strength in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: "Your party`s number in this House is less than the temperature of Delhi," remarked AAP member Bhagwant Mann in Lok Sabha today, taunting Congress over its sorry plight.
The remarks of Mann, a well-known stand-up comedian, evoked peals of laughter as it came after an angry exchange between Congress and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) over the state of affairs in the national capital which experienced a 49-day rule of Arvind Kejriwal.
"What are you saying? Your (party`s) numbers in this House is less than the temperature of Delhi," said Mann taking a dig at Congress.
Mann was reacting to the comments of his Congress counterpart Deepender Singh Hooda during a discussion on the Delhi Budget.
Hooda, while attacking BJP and its government for inadequate funding of various welfare measures, had warned the ruling party "if you don`t fulfil your promises, you will face the same fate as that of AAP," provoking Mann to vociferously protest.
Congress had supported AAP to form government in Delhi to keep BJP at bay. The government functioned for 49 days with Kejriwal quitting as Chief Minister, to which, Hooda said, the AAP "ran away".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam