AAP MP taunts Cong over its strength in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: "Your party`s number in this House is less than the temperature of Delhi," remarked AAP member Bhagwant Mann in Lok Sabha today, taunting Congress over its sorry plight.
The remarks of Mann, a well-known stand-up comedian, evoked peals of laughter as it came after an angry exchange between Congress and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) over the state of affairs in the national capital which experienced a 49-day rule of Arvind Kejriwal.
"What are you saying? Your (party`s) numbers in this House is less than the temperature of Delhi," said Mann taking a dig at Congress.
Mann was reacting to the comments of his Congress counterpart Deepender Singh Hooda during a discussion on the Delhi Budget.
Hooda, while attacking BJP and its government for inadequate funding of various welfare measures, had warned the ruling party "if you don`t fulfil your promises, you will face the same fate as that of AAP," provoking Mann to vociferously protest.
Congress had supported AAP to form government in Delhi to keep BJP at bay. The government functioned for 49 days with Kejriwal quitting as Chief Minister, to which, Hooda said, the AAP "ran away".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation