AAP not a rival; trying to attract `cheap publicity`: BJP
New Delhi: Hitting back at Aam Aadmi Party after its leader Arvind Kejriwal attacked Narendra Modi for not meeting him, BJP on Friday dubbed it as an attempt to get "cheap publicity".
Briefing reporters at a press conference here, senior BJP leader Venkiah Naidu said AAP was not their rival at the national level.
"We do not take AAP seriously at the national level because we know the ground reality. It has no grass-root level support in the country as such. Our rival is the ruling Congress party," he said.
Charging that the AAP was indulging in tactics to divert attention, Naidu said the "fledgling party" is losing popularity.
"They were in headlines for sometime and now they are losing popularity. They want to make it to the headlines again," he said while citing the incident of AAP protest in front of BJP headquarters.
He further alleged that credibility of AAP took a beating after it "joined hands" with Congress, which AAP had charged as a corrupt party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow