AAP rejects resignations of Yogendra Yadav, Naveen Jaihind
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Amidst reports of rift within the party, the Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday rejected the resignations submitted by its leaders Yogendra Yadav and Naveen Jaihind.
Later, lawyer and AAP leader Prashant Bhushan tol a news agency that the party requested the duo to take back their resignations and they agreed.
The 19-month-old Aam Aadmi Party is enveloped in its worst crisis since its inception.
Two of its top leaders earlier this week traded charges with Yadav, who has been accused by more than one disgruntled colleague of taking the party down the drain.
However, AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal this morning described Yadav, who had said that the party has "fallen prey to personality cult", as a "valued colleague".
On May 31, Yadav had resigned from the membership of the party`s political affairs committee taking responsibility for the poor performance in Haryana in the Lok Sabha election.
The Aam Aadmi Party failed to bag a single Lok Sabha seat out of the 10 in the state.
Naveen Jaihind, another leader and prominent face of the AAP in Haryana, also resigned from the membership of the national executive committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi