AAP rejects resignations of Yogendra Yadav, Naveen Jaihind
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Amidst reports of rift within the party, the Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday rejected the resignations submitted by its leaders Yogendra Yadav and Naveen Jaihind.
Later, lawyer and AAP leader Prashant Bhushan tol a news agency that the party requested the duo to take back their resignations and they agreed.
The 19-month-old Aam Aadmi Party is enveloped in its worst crisis since its inception.
Two of its top leaders earlier this week traded charges with Yadav, who has been accused by more than one disgruntled colleague of taking the party down the drain.
However, AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal this morning described Yadav, who had said that the party has "fallen prey to personality cult", as a "valued colleague".
On May 31, Yadav had resigned from the membership of the party`s political affairs committee taking responsibility for the poor performance in Haryana in the Lok Sabha election.
The Aam Aadmi Party failed to bag a single Lok Sabha seat out of the 10 in the state.
Naveen Jaihind, another leader and prominent face of the AAP in Haryana, also resigned from the membership of the national executive committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?