AAP `seasonal crop`, will be wiped out in LS polls: Congress
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party was a "seasonal crop" which would be wiped out in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Delhi Congress Monday said even as it alleged that people were "frustrated with the lies spread by AAP".
"People are so frustrated with the lies being spread by AAP everyday, Arvind Kejriwal will have to face protest demonstrations," Delhi Congress spokesperson Mukesh Sharma told a gathering at Ambedkar Bhavan in the Mundka Assembly constituency.
Accusing the AAP leader of being responsible for power cuts in Delhi, Sharma claimed that Kejriwal was scared of addressing a large gathering in the national capital.
Congress had provided outside support to AAP to form the government in Delhi after the recent Assembly elections threw up a hung House. But the Kejriwal government stayed in power for only 49 days before quitting over the Jan Lokpal Bill issue.
Turning to BJP, Sharma charged that the party was against the development of Delhi and not interested in the problems of the common man.
It would be a direct fight between Congress and the saffron outfit in the seven Lok Sabha seats in the national capital, Sharma added.
He said that Congress workers have been asked to highlight the achievements of the previous Congress government and intensify their fight against BJP.
"People of Delhi have already rejected BJP as they have not forgotten their five-year misrule," he said.
No step was initiated for the regularisation of unauthorised colonies while the BJP had been in power in Delhi, Sharma charged.
He also alleged that the rival party had not built a single flyover in Delhi when it was in power here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog