AAP should form govt in Delhi: Anupam Kher
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: With the Aam Aadmi Party`s spectacular electoral debut in Delhi Assembly Elections, Bollywood celebrity Anupam Kher applauded Arvind Kejriwal, who defeated three-time Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in the New Delhi constituency.
Urging Kejriwal to form government in Delhi, Kher said the AAP should take care of the sentiments of electorate who pressed the `broom` (election symbol of AAP) button.
The Bollywood actor further noted that Congress is ready to lend support to the AAP without any conditions.
Notably, the Congress on Tuesday indicated it might give unconditional support to the Aam Adami Party to form a government in Delhi even as the AAP pledged to neither give nor take legislative backing from anyone and the BJP said it was ready for fresh elections.
As uncertainty over government formation continued after elections threw up a hung Assembly, the Congress -- which won only eight seats -- appeared wary of another election which could devastate it further in the city.
In contrast, the Bharatiya Janata Party, the single largest group in the 70-seat house with 31 members, and the AAP, which won 28 seats in its very first election, remained defiant, refusing to form a government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa