AAP takes on Gadkari over threat to I-T, files case
New Delhi: RTI activist-turned politician Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Admi Party (AAP) has filed a case against former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari for allegedly threatening the Income Tax (I-T) officials probing the cases of financial impropriety involving his firm Purti Group.
A day after senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh replaced him as BJP chief, Gadkari said that he was not bound by the dignity of a post any longer and is now a ‘free-man’ to deal with the I-T officials for their probe against him.
The former BJP chief also threatened that nobody would save the I-T officials when the BJP comes to power at the Centre.
Gadkari further alleged that the I-T raid against him was ordered just a day before the BJP`s presidential poll with the intention to spoil his chances of getting re-elected as the party chief again.
"It was done deliberately a day before I filled the nomination papers. Some reports claimed it was a raid but it was a search," he claimed.
He also accused the I-T officials of targeting his firm and all those having business interest with his company.
Mumbai`s I-T Department had on January 23 confirmed that all 24 companies of his Purti Group that were raided by its officials were found to be bogus shell companies with wrong addresses and registered under fake directors.
Gadkari was confident of earning a second term as the BJP chief till the (I-T) sleuths conducted raids on 11 locations across Mumbai to establish the existence of the alleged shell companies that are linked to his firm
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand