AAP to contest LS polls in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Buoyed by its performance in Delhi polls, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has decided to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in Madhya Pradesh, though the party is yet to finalise the number of seats.
"We will definitely contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls in Madhya Pradesh and will be in a position to decide the number of seats we will be contesting in nearly a month`s time," AAP State Secretary, Akshay Hunka said to a news agency.
The party will be taking out rallies in all the 29 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state between January 12 and 19 to identify the issues for the polls and also take people`s feedback on the problems faced by them, he said.
During these rallies, the party will also form constituency-wise teams for the polls, he added.
AAP today held a strategy session of its members in all the districts of the state for the general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug