AAP`s Delhi anti-corruption helpline deluged with calls
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Delhiites have enthusiastically responded to the anti-corruption helpline number initiative by the Aam Aadmi Party government.
Within hours of the phone number 011-27357169 going live, hundreds have called in to register their complaint, reports claimed. The number will be functional from 8 am to 10 pm everyday.
Set up under the state vigilance department, the anti-corruption helpline cell is manned by serving and retired police personnel.
All that one would need to do is to call on the number and register a complaint against any corrupt official. The government advisor will call back and guide on ways to conduct a sting operation.
“Every citizen will be a police inspector and an anti-corruption crusader. They can now use their phones as a weapon to catch officials who are asking for bribe,” Kejriwal said.
After conducting the sting operation, the concerned person needs to get in touch with the advisor and a trap will then be laid to nab the accused. The Aam Aadmi Party government has promised that it will act within 24 hours with teams of Delhi Police on standby for assistance.
The AAP was formed in late 2012 after a hugely successful nationwide movement against corruption led by Kejriwal`s former mentor and Gandhian activist Anna Hazare.
The debutant party had won 28 out the 70 seats in the recently concluded Assembly elections. Sit later formed the government with outside support from the Congress.
The government will give advertisements in newspapers and FM Radio and put up hoardings on the streets of the city to inform the people about the number.
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style