Aarushi case adjourned; next hearing on May 9
New Delhi: The trial of dentist Nupur Talwar, accused in the 2008 twin murders of her teenaged daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, could not be initiated in the CBI sessions court on Thursday after her lawyers cited lack of complete documents. The next hearing is on May 09.
The case was to be referred to the sessions court from the magistrate`s court after Nupur Talwar`s bail was rejected on Wednesday. But her lawyers said they were not furnished the complete set of documents by the sessions court and requested that another date be fixed. The court then fixed May 09 for the next hearing.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has been ordered to supply all the relevant documents to the accused couple, Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.
Nupur Talwar, who was present in court along with husband Rajesh Talwar, has already spent three nights in Ghaziabad`s Dasna jail.
Meanwhile, Nupur’s legal team have now also moved the Allahabad High Court seeking bail.
Nupur Talwar’s application for a regular bail was rejected by the Ghaziabad sessions court on Wednesday after which she moved the Supreme Court for relief.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court is also due to hear the review petition of Nupur Talwar on Friday.
Following the sessions court order, Nupur Talwar had to stay in Dasna jail, where she is currently lodged.
The sessions court judge Shyam Lal, while rejecting her bail plea, took serious note of the disrespect shown by the Talwars to the various court summons issued against Nupur Talwar in connection with the case.
The court also agreed to the arguments made by the CBI that releasing Nupur Talwar could have an adverse impact on the progress of its ongoing probe into the case. The CBI had earlier alleged that Nupur Talwar and her husband Rajesh had tried to destroy the evidence in connection with the case.
The verdict was a major setback for Nupur, who is accused in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case of 2008.
Following a Supreme Court`s directive, the dentist had surrendered in the special CBI court in Ghaziabad on Monday. However, her bail plea was rejected by the special court after which she was taken into custody and later sent to the Dasna jail.
Nupur Talwar is accused along with her husband Rajesh in the 2008 sensational double murder of her teenage daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj- the high-pfoile case which was later probed by the CBI.
On April 27, the Supreme Court had refused to stay the non-bailable warrant issued against Nupur by the Ghaziabad court and directed her to surrender before the special court.
The non-bailable warrant was issued against her by the Ghaziabad court for not appearing for a hearing in the 2008 Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city