Aarushi case: CBI produces witnesses against Talwars
Ghaziabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) produced three witnesses on Friday in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
They included an executive engineer of the Uttar Pradesh Power Corp Ltd, a scientist from the central forensic lab and a police photographer who lifted fingerprints and clicked photos on May 16-18 in 2008.
Engineer Rajesh Kumar said that on the demand of the CBI he submitted a letter confirming that on the night of May 15, when Aarushi and Hemraj were murdered, the power supply had neither failed nor was it shut down.
The defence counsel protested that photographer Chunni Lal`s name was not mentioned in the list of witnesses.
Earlier, the court charged Rajesh and Nupur Talwar with eliminating their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
In addition, Rajesh Talwar has also been accused of misleading police about the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley