Aarushi case: Counsel for domestic helps claims threat to life
Ghaziabad: A lawyer representing the three domestic helps, who were arrested and later let off in the Aarushi murder case, on Saturday claimed that there was threat to
his life and sought security from Uttar Pradesh authorities.
Naresh Yadav, the counsel for Krishna, Rajkumar and
Vijay Mandal, said he has written to UP Chief Secretary and
the Director General of Police requesting them to provide him
"There is threat to my life. The UP Government and
Ghaziabad police administration will be held responsible if I
am harmed in any way in the future," Yadav said.
The lawyer claimed that police have withdrawn a gunner
provided to him earlier.
Yadav said he is preparing to move court to seek
compensation for his three clients.
14-year-old Aarushi, daughter of dentist couple Rajesh
and Nupur Talwar, was found murdered with her throat slit in
her parents` home at Jalvayu Vihar in Noida near Delhi on May
16, 2008. The family`s domestic help Hemraj was found dead on
the terrace of the flat the following day.
The probe, which was first undertaken by the Noida
police, was later taken over by the CBI. The agency had first
given a clean chit to Rajesh and accused the three servants of
having committed the murder of both.
However, a court has now ordered that Rajesh and Nupur
should be tried for the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?