Aarushi case: Court completes cross-examination of 4th witness
Ghaziabad: A local court will record statements of three defence witnesses of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case on July 16.
The court of additional sessions judge Shyam Lal today completed the cross-examination of Dr R K Sharma, the fourth witness of the Talwars.
On the last day of his cross-examination, Dr Sharma, a former HOD of forensic science at AIIMS, was asked around 35 questions by CBI lawyer R K Saini. In total, he has been asked nearly 145 questions by the prosecution.
Sharma told court that in Hemraj`s postmortem report, no swelling was mentioned in his scrotum. He said if a man is hit in his private parts before his death, it may cause swelling.
Dr Sharma`s statement contends CBI theory that swollen private parts of Hemraj indicated that he was indulging or about to indulge in sex just before his death.
Rajesh Talwar, during his statement before court, had also agreed with defence counsel`s view that swelling could also be result of decomposition of the body.
Sharma also told court that he didn`t tell the time of Aarushi`s death on the basis of semi-digested food in her stomach but on the basis of spasm in her body.
He had earlier told the court that Aarushi`s murder could have been taken place 4-6 hours after she took her dinner.
He also denied having attached any literature with his probe report about how to use a khukri.
After ending the cross-examination of Dr Sharma, the judge fixed July 16 for recording statements of other defence witnesses.
On July 16, Allahabad High Court is also likely to pronounce its order on the Talwars` petition seeking reports of scientific tests and other documents to be put on court record.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram