Aarushi case: Court completes cross-examination of 4th witness
Ghaziabad: A local court will record statements of three defence witnesses of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case on July 16.
The court of additional sessions judge Shyam Lal today completed the cross-examination of Dr R K Sharma, the fourth witness of the Talwars.
On the last day of his cross-examination, Dr Sharma, a former HOD of forensic science at AIIMS, was asked around 35 questions by CBI lawyer R K Saini. In total, he has been asked nearly 145 questions by the prosecution.
Sharma told court that in Hemraj`s postmortem report, no swelling was mentioned in his scrotum. He said if a man is hit in his private parts before his death, it may cause swelling.
Dr Sharma`s statement contends CBI theory that swollen private parts of Hemraj indicated that he was indulging or about to indulge in sex just before his death.
Rajesh Talwar, during his statement before court, had also agreed with defence counsel`s view that swelling could also be result of decomposition of the body.
Sharma also told court that he didn`t tell the time of Aarushi`s death on the basis of semi-digested food in her stomach but on the basis of spasm in her body.
He had earlier told the court that Aarushi`s murder could have been taken place 4-6 hours after she took her dinner.
He also denied having attached any literature with his probe report about how to use a khukri.
After ending the cross-examination of Dr Sharma, the judge fixed July 16 for recording statements of other defence witnesses.
On July 16, Allahabad High Court is also likely to pronounce its order on the Talwars` petition seeking reports of scientific tests and other documents to be put on court record.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- No concrete evidence about missing AN-32 plane: Parrikar
- UNindian: Brett Lee movie runs into trouble with censor board demanding tone down version of love scene
- What a life: Film world mourns Mahasweta Devi's demise
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan gets bail
- Merkel 'firmly' rejects reversing refugee policy after attacks