Aarushi case: Defence wants former CBI official to depose
Ghaziabad: In the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, defence counsel pleaded before a special court here on Thursday to summon former CBI joint director Arun Kumar as witness.
Defence counsel Manoj Shishodia said he submitted an application before Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge S Lal to summon 13 people, including Arun Kumar, for testimony.
The court reserved the order on the application for Friday.
"Of the 13 witnesses we want in the box, 12 are from the original list of 141 witnesses given by the CBI. One additional witness whose name we have added is former joint CBI director Arun Kumar, who claimed Aarushi`s parents were innocent," Shishodia said.
The CBI opposed the defence application.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of the family`s domestic help Hemraj, first suspected for Aarushi`s killing, was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries
- Did Indian Air Force's AN-32 plane vanish due to catastrophic accident?
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook