Aarushi case: Defence wants former CBI official to depose
Ghaziabad: In the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, defence counsel pleaded before a special court here on Thursday to summon former CBI joint director Arun Kumar as witness.
Defence counsel Manoj Shishodia said he submitted an application before Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge S Lal to summon 13 people, including Arun Kumar, for testimony.
The court reserved the order on the application for Friday.
"Of the 13 witnesses we want in the box, 12 are from the original list of 141 witnesses given by the CBI. One additional witness whose name we have added is former joint CBI director Arun Kumar, who claimed Aarushi`s parents were innocent," Shishodia said.
The CBI opposed the defence application.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of the family`s domestic help Hemraj, first suspected for Aarushi`s killing, was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon