Aarushi case: Framing of charges to start on May 21
Ghaziabad/New Delhi: A special CBI court here on Wednesday fixed May 21 for start of arguments on frkaming of charges against dentist couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar in the case relating to the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
Additional District Judge S Lal fixed the date for beginning of the arguments on framing of charges in the 2008 murder case, rejecting Talwars` plea for a month to study the prosecution documents before beginning of the arguments.
Special Judge Lal rejected Talwars` plea saying the Supreme Court has ordered expeditious trial.
The court also asked CBI to provide all documents related to the case to the Talwar couple by tomorrow evening as the defence counsel claimed the agency was not providing them the requisite documents.
"CBI has relied on 141 documents in the case but now they are saying that they are not relying on more than 96 documents. The court has directed them to provide all the documents by 8.30 PM tomorrow," Talwars` counsel Manoj Kumar Sisodia told reporters.
While Rajesh Talwar is out on bail, Nupur was taken into custody on April 30 by a Ghaziabad court before which she had surrendered on a direction by the Supreme Court.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit at her Noida residence on May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was recovered from the terrace a day later.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court today reserved its order on dentist Nupur Talwar`s plea seeking a review of its order of allowing her criminal prosecution in the twin murder case.
A bench of justices A K Patnaik and J S Khehar reserved the order after hearing extensively the contentions of Nupur and CBI.
In a last-ditch effort to convince the apex court to review its order, the dentist pleaded she was not asking for a clean chit in the murder case but wanted a direction to CBI to reinvestigate the case.
Aarushi`s mother is now in in judicial custody while her father Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
In another development related to the case, the Allahabad High Court asked Nupur Talwar to reply to CBI`s response to her bail plea.
A bench of Justice A K Tripathi asked counsel Amit Srivastava for Nupur, who is lodged in Dasna jail near Ghaziabad since April 30, to file his client`s counter to the CBI`s reply to her bail plea by May 18.
The court fixed May 22 to hear her bail plea next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured