Aarushi case: Framing of charges to start on May 21
Ghaziabad/New Delhi: A special CBI court here on Wednesday fixed May 21 for start of arguments on frkaming of charges against dentist couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar in the case relating to the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
Additional District Judge S Lal fixed the date for beginning of the arguments on framing of charges in the 2008 murder case, rejecting Talwars` plea for a month to study the prosecution documents before beginning of the arguments.
Special Judge Lal rejected Talwars` plea saying the Supreme Court has ordered expeditious trial.
The court also asked CBI to provide all documents related to the case to the Talwar couple by tomorrow evening as the defence counsel claimed the agency was not providing them the requisite documents.
"CBI has relied on 141 documents in the case but now they are saying that they are not relying on more than 96 documents. The court has directed them to provide all the documents by 8.30 PM tomorrow," Talwars` counsel Manoj Kumar Sisodia told reporters.
While Rajesh Talwar is out on bail, Nupur was taken into custody on April 30 by a Ghaziabad court before which she had surrendered on a direction by the Supreme Court.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit at her Noida residence on May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was recovered from the terrace a day later.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court today reserved its order on dentist Nupur Talwar`s plea seeking a review of its order of allowing her criminal prosecution in the twin murder case.
A bench of justices A K Patnaik and J S Khehar reserved the order after hearing extensively the contentions of Nupur and CBI.
In a last-ditch effort to convince the apex court to review its order, the dentist pleaded she was not asking for a clean chit in the murder case but wanted a direction to CBI to reinvestigate the case.
Aarushi`s mother is now in in judicial custody while her father Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
In another development related to the case, the Allahabad High Court asked Nupur Talwar to reply to CBI`s response to her bail plea.
A bench of Justice A K Tripathi asked counsel Amit Srivastava for Nupur, who is lodged in Dasna jail near Ghaziabad since April 30, to file his client`s counter to the CBI`s reply to her bail plea by May 18.
The court fixed May 22 to hear her bail plea next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India