Aarushi case: Framing of charges to start on May 21
Ghaziabad/New Delhi: A special CBI court here on Wednesday fixed May 21 for start of arguments on frkaming of charges against dentist couple Nupur and Rajesh Talwar in the case relating to the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
Additional District Judge S Lal fixed the date for beginning of the arguments on framing of charges in the 2008 murder case, rejecting Talwars` plea for a month to study the prosecution documents before beginning of the arguments.
Special Judge Lal rejected Talwars` plea saying the Supreme Court has ordered expeditious trial.
The court also asked CBI to provide all documents related to the case to the Talwar couple by tomorrow evening as the defence counsel claimed the agency was not providing them the requisite documents.
"CBI has relied on 141 documents in the case but now they are saying that they are not relying on more than 96 documents. The court has directed them to provide all the documents by 8.30 PM tomorrow," Talwars` counsel Manoj Kumar Sisodia told reporters.
While Rajesh Talwar is out on bail, Nupur was taken into custody on April 30 by a Ghaziabad court before which she had surrendered on a direction by the Supreme Court.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit at her Noida residence on May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was recovered from the terrace a day later.
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court today reserved its order on dentist Nupur Talwar`s plea seeking a review of its order of allowing her criminal prosecution in the twin murder case.
A bench of justices A K Patnaik and J S Khehar reserved the order after hearing extensively the contentions of Nupur and CBI.
In a last-ditch effort to convince the apex court to review its order, the dentist pleaded she was not asking for a clean chit in the murder case but wanted a direction to CBI to reinvestigate the case.
Aarushi`s mother is now in in judicial custody while her father Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
In another development related to the case, the Allahabad High Court asked Nupur Talwar to reply to CBI`s response to her bail plea.
A bench of Justice A K Tripathi asked counsel Amit Srivastava for Nupur, who is lodged in Dasna jail near Ghaziabad since April 30, to file his client`s counter to the CBI`s reply to her bail plea by May 18.
The court fixed May 22 to hear her bail plea next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand