Aarushi case: Order on charges on Thursday
New Delhi: The arguments on the framing of charges against Rajesh and Nupur Talwar in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case concluded on Wednesday.
Special CBI judge S Lal reserved his order, which will be pronounced on Thursday.
On Wednesday, the lawyers of Talwars produced a golf club in court.
As per the CBI, the injuries found on Aarushi were caused by a golf club found in the Talwars` home.
The couple`s lawyers today produced a similar golf club in court to prove that the investigators` allegations are incorrect.
The arguments had begun on Tuesday. This was after the court had on Monday adjourned the case for a day after the Talwar`s counsel had sought 15 days to study the documents submitted by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
On May 16, the court had deferred the hearing till Monday to allow the CBI to provide documents to Aarushi`s parents.
The sessions court started the trial on May 11, almost four years after the crime.
Also on May 16, the Supreme Court had reserved its verdict on Nupur Talwar`s petition seeking review of its Jan 6 order directing her and Rajesh Talwar to stand trial for the murder of Aarushi and the family`s domestic help, Hemraj.
An apex court bench of Justice AK Patnaik and Justice JS Khehar had reserved the verdict on the conclusion of arguments by senior counsel Pinaki Misra, appearing for Nupur Talwar.
Misra assailed a Ghaziabad magistrate court`s order that rejected the closure report filed by the CBI in the double murder and took cognizance of the charge against the Talwars.
The CBI filed its closure report in December 2010 before the magistrate`s court in Ghaziabad.
The Talwars are facing charges of murder, conspiracy and destruction of evidence.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence on May 16, 2008. Hemraj`s body was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash