Aarushi case: Order on charges on Thursday
New Delhi: The arguments on the framing of charges against Rajesh and Nupur Talwar in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case concluded on Wednesday.
Special CBI judge S Lal reserved his order, which will be pronounced on Thursday.
On Wednesday, the lawyers of Talwars produced a golf club in court.
As per the CBI, the injuries found on Aarushi were caused by a golf club found in the Talwars` home.
The couple`s lawyers today produced a similar golf club in court to prove that the investigators` allegations are incorrect.
The arguments had begun on Tuesday. This was after the court had on Monday adjourned the case for a day after the Talwar`s counsel had sought 15 days to study the documents submitted by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
On May 16, the court had deferred the hearing till Monday to allow the CBI to provide documents to Aarushi`s parents.
The sessions court started the trial on May 11, almost four years after the crime.
Also on May 16, the Supreme Court had reserved its verdict on Nupur Talwar`s petition seeking review of its Jan 6 order directing her and Rajesh Talwar to stand trial for the murder of Aarushi and the family`s domestic help, Hemraj.
An apex court bench of Justice AK Patnaik and Justice JS Khehar had reserved the verdict on the conclusion of arguments by senior counsel Pinaki Misra, appearing for Nupur Talwar.
Misra assailed a Ghaziabad magistrate court`s order that rejected the closure report filed by the CBI in the double murder and took cognizance of the charge against the Talwars.
The CBI filed its closure report in December 2010 before the magistrate`s court in Ghaziabad.
The Talwars are facing charges of murder, conspiracy and destruction of evidence.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence on May 16, 2008. Hemraj`s body was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state