Aarushi case: SC dismisses Talwars` plea seeking polygraph reports of helpers
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In another setback to the Talwar couple in Aarushi murder case, the Supreme Court on Tuesday dismissed their plea seeking reports of polygraph, brain mapping and narco-analysis tests of their servants.
Refusing the plea, a bench of justices BS Chauhan and SA Bobde said there was no merit in it.
Now, final arguments in the case will be held in the Ghaziabad CBI court.
The three helpers were the initial accused in the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
The Talwar couple are facing trial for allegedly killing their teenaged daughter.
They had pleaded these reports are essential to defend themselves and CBI opposed their plea saying that it is a tactic on the part of the couple to prolong the trial.
The Talwars had approached the apex court challenging the order of the trial court and the Allahabad High Court dismissing their plea for a direction to the agency to produce the reports of tests carried out on Raj Kumar, Vijay Mandal and Krishna in the trial court.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her bedroom on May 16, 2008.
The initial suspicion was on Hemraj whose body was later found on the terrace at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the outskirts of Delhi.
CBI case is that the murder of 14-year-old Aarushi five years ago was carried out by her parents and that no outsider was present.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read