Aarushi case: SC grants bail to Nupur Talwar
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday granted bail to Nupur Talwar, under custody in the sensational 2008 Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
During the last hearing, the court had asked the CBI to complete examining witnesses by today, however the examination of two witnesses remains. The court asked the investigating agency to complete the procedure by September 25.
Technically Nupur has been granted bail but she would have to spend time in jail till September 25.
Nupur Talwar was taken into custody April 30. She challenged the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her plea for bail. She is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad. Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
A CBI trial court in Ghaziabad has charged the Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). In addition to these, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information in respect of an offence committed) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi