Aarushi case: SC grants bail to Nupur Talwar
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday granted bail to Nupur Talwar, under custody in the sensational 2008 Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
During the last hearing, the court had asked the CBI to complete examining witnesses by today, however the examination of two witnesses remains. The court asked the investigating agency to complete the procedure by September 25.
Technically Nupur has been granted bail but she would have to spend time in jail till September 25.
Nupur Talwar was taken into custody April 30. She challenged the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her plea for bail. She is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad. Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
A CBI trial court in Ghaziabad has charged the Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). In addition to these, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information in respect of an offence committed) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145